Health Professionals and Allied Employees Union (HPAE)
Represents Cooper Employees, here is an important link for you:
Cooper University Hospital Employees
- Are you willing to place everything you already have on the bargaining table?
- Negotiations are a give and take process, what are you willing to give up?
- What are they going to take?
- If you don’t get what you want and what you have is taken from you, where do you go then?
- Think long, think hard, take a look around. Talk to someone you trust.
- Is this the right choice? Is this the right time?
- This decision affects you, this decision affects your family.
- This decision could change everything
- This decision Is yours!
- Vote NO, April 29th 2011
The Union Says You Won’t Lose Compensation & Benefits
At the Bargaining Table?
Here is what the LAW says:
Does Cooper have to agree to union demands?
“…There is no requirement in the Act that an employer accedes to all union demands or, after bargaining, retain all current benefits”.
Oxford Pickles, Division of John E. Cain Co., 190 NLRB. No 24
Do the benefits have to necessarily continue?
“There is, of course, no obligation on the part of the employer to continue all existing benefits, nor is it an unfair labor practice to offer reduced benefits…”
Can the union give away benefits we already have?
“…in the give and take of bargaining, [a] union might give up insurance, holidays or vacation time to obtain dues check (payroll deduction) from the employer”.
La-Z-Boy,281 NLRB, No 54, 123 LRRM 1205 (1986)
Are there any guarantees at all in the collective bargaining process?
“Collective bargaining is potentially hazardous for employees, and as a result of negotiations, employees could possibly wind up with less benefits after unionization than before”.
Coach & Equipment Sales, 2218 NLRB No. 51
Vote Neither! April 29th!
Not Voting = YES
The unions sometimes misinform employees by telling them they do not need to vote unless they are voting for the union. This is an absolute lie and is the exact opposite of the truth. The truth is, the unions depend on apathetic employees to do nothing.
The unions only need 50% + 1 of the votes cast to win. This means if only 10 people make the effort to vote and 6 vote yes, every single eligible employee (over 700) will be subject to the union contract and could be paying dues whether you agree or not!!
VOTE NO! April 29th